February 8, 2013

My Big Year and A Few Ramblings

I must have writters block or something. If you have noticed I have been sharing jokes, stories, and e-mails instead of any original material. One reason being there is so much going on that I would show my mood and opinions more than I should. Facebook don't get me started; WTF is wrong with people? I am the biggest fb watcher ever; guilty, guilty, guilty. I post lots of pictures. I comment and like often. I read a bunch. I post sometimes and then delete, because my post seems stupid when I go back and read it again. Facebook is a wonderful place to share pictures and events that are happening in your life. Good things such as prayers being said, knowing when someone is sick, and has lost a family member is to me the best thing that has come from the social site. But then there are haters and families that air their dirty laundry for the whole world to see. That really scares me. There is no way I would post on these subjects. I used to post on forums and got my feelings hurt a couple of times. If you really want to see some examples of "what are you thinking?" read the stuff on Bob. The strangest thing to me was that many posting I know and they had done the same things that they were bashing him for. They were on his side when they had done what he was against. Does it feel that good to have your name with a comment by it?
***************
It is days past the end of the first month of my big year. "How's that working out for me? Wouldn't that be the common question concerning my Big Year? The plan seems to not be going all that well. Wanting it all seems something that I don't deserve. Selfish is really something that is hard for me to be, so I guess my wanting it all is not really going to work out.  That is really just a waste of time. My looking better is shot to shit already. At first I was looking a little slimmer.  I am going to soon look like Honey Boo-Boo's mother or even worse.  I want to look better, but then there is "where does all the money go?" That means spending $115.00 to have my hair done is totally out of the question. My 'do' now looks like a woman running out of a mobile home on an episode of COPS. This morning I thought I was looking pretty good. I had done my make-up at the redlights as I do most every morning. Yes, I was looking good in my mind, then I saw in a bigger mirror; way too much blush. Makes me flush just to think, how I can really appear old and stupid at times.
**************
The fifth of my five friends I have waited til last to describe. She is the only one that is still a daily part of my life. I do not see her everyday, but talk, text or  contact is daily. She is my sister; really brother's wife. She has been a role model for me in many things. She is outspoken, pretty and has a heart of gold. She loves my girls and me. She would do anything for me, if I needed her to. The great thing about what she has done for me is that sometimes she didn't do anything she let me make it on my own. I knew if I needed her and my brother that they would help. I am a better person, because they did not hand over to me what they could have. My girls are better because they were taught to not ask, just go out and get what you can on your own. There are way to many wonderful stories about the last, but not least of my five friends. I just got to pick one.

Sometimes the heart is not all that visible to just anyone.  I like the people that I think like me; it is hard for me not to.
I can see the goodness in most and try hard to seek it out. I really do not know anyone that is perfect.
***********
My main objective in forming great relationships with others is based alot on how I think they feel about me. It is really hard to not love someone that you know loves you. I say love meaning that I basically have love not just like for many people. God says we are to love one another, so to me like is not a strong enough word for what I feel for others. I really mean it when I tell my friends, family and co-workers that I love them. I ran into one of my best friends from the Lexington Fabrics days on Sunday, at the mall. The sewing factories were basically a stab in the back/cut throat kind of environment. Forgetting a meeting that was organized by this friend is something I have not forgotten, but seeing her that day made me realize that saying I love you to her when I was leaving was what I should have done. She said it first actually and I know she meant it. There are really times in your life that you have a falling out with someone; hate them even and as time goes you forget what it was all about. Thus, I have said I didn't like them at one time, but I can't remember why?

2 comments:

  1. Love to read your writings big or small Karla! You always write from your heart...and you have a BIG one! Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I am looking forward to your next writting. We have too many blessings not to live from our hearts. Your's is HUGE! Love ya!!!!

    ReplyDelete