October 19, 2012

Pumpkin Patch Grassy Alabama


We spent a great day at the Pumpkin Patch in Grassy last Sunday. It was raining some of the time, but that did not matter to us. It was a great day spent with family and running into old friends. Memories of falls past came to me as i saw these buckets of Black Walnuts. These were to me sort of a waste of energy to get enough for a cake. The chore was getting the green husks off of the actual nut. Pouring them in the driveway and letting cars runover them was the way we did it. Ok, tell me anything to hard to get to; you have to run over it with a car is really worth it. Now they were really good to throw up when you saw bats. A bat will follow anything to the ground. Good for that; fun not really work. I like work but fun is better.
Fall is really my favorite time of year. I love hayrides, haunted houses, pumpkins, and hay. The food of the season is wonderful. Sweet Potatoes, chili, soups, stews, candy apples, popcorn balls, and on and on. The Pumpkin patch had the candy apples and popcorn. I had some of both. It was a wonderful fall day, that I will always remember.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! I know where Grassy is, but where in Grassy is the Pumpkin Patch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go past Hammond Feed Store. First Road go left; there is a sign Belew Farm. The next road to right is dirt; follow to the Belew Farm/pumpkin patch. Wonderful good people owners. Hayride. Cow train. Petting zoo. Restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belue Farm.........I spelled Belue wrong. I hate when someone spells my name wrong. Belue not Belew.

      Delete
  3. We had no idea there was anything like that in Grassy. Many thanks. We will have to do a blog on that--a real hidden treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I quickly posted those pics, yesterday morning. I still plan to add text. There is also a bin filled with corn. It is like the balls at Chunky Cheese, only it is corn for children to play in. Well, my 29 year old daughter spent quite some time in there. It was a good day. There are homemade deserts; fudge, candy apples, and cupcakes. I am pleased you noticed my pics. Blog on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should add the rest of the pics too, Aunt K! I look at this blog pretty much everyday to see if you have wrote something new. Always makes me laugh or remember when. Keep up the Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Grassy, Alabama. It is a beautiful place to live. I was married to Rex Hammond and I spent many days/evenings in the cotton and soybean fields. I can still remember the smell of the cotton and soybeans. Wow thank you Lord for the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our recipes are very important as what we put into them no wheat, soy, corn, preservatives or artificial colors here. You’ll also find a variety of exceptional grain-free options for dogs and cats. Natures recipe dog food

    ReplyDelete