October 11, 2011

Pepper Jelly and More Pepper Jelly

It was a great idea according to the girls for the wedding favors to be my homemade pepper jelly. This is the beginning of a chore that I procrastinated over for weeks. Here it is though. I got on the ball and I am almost there. I have a total of 44 jars and over a month to get enough for each wedding guest to have a jar to take home. The relief of this makes me feel a wonderful sense of accomplishment. It will be great for my daughter to be thankful to me that I put time and effort into a personal gift for each family that takes time out of their busy life to attend her wedding.  The picture above is what I did on my Columbus Day holiday.
The Recipe is simple and really was not that much trouble at all.

Pepper Jelly
12 jalapeno peppers
Ball liquid fruit pectin
6 cups of sugar
2 cups of apple cider vinegar

Cut peppers in slices removing the seeds. Put them in the blender with one cup of the vinegar. Pour mixture into pot on stove adding other cup of vinegar and the sugar. Stir constantly til it boils. When it starts to boil add fruit pectin and boil for 10 minutes. Then pour into warmed half pint jars. Place boiled lids on jars tight as you can twist. Put jars in hot bath and boil for 7 minutes in hot bath.

Take out the jars and listen for that wonderful pop of sealing jars.
I Love that sound!

No comments:

Post a Comment