June 1, 2011

Passing Storms

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass ... it's about caring and loving your relatives and friends while you can touch and see them, and they are still among us.

Things get better; that is something we all need to keep in mind. Tomorrow is another day. A new beginning to overcome what might have been bad the day before. Never give up! That has always been one of my motto's. Often I have said, "today I will have a nervous breakdown; then I would think oh, I can't do that today. I have to go to work."
The people working through the terrible storms have I am sure thought this same way. In the Tanner area, where my daughter lives the amount of work done there in a month is amazing. Less than one hundred yards from her home, houses were totally wiped out. She and her husband in the closet would not have had a chance had their house been hit as hard. This has changed how many look at an approaching storm. The past Wednesday is an example of people coming together to make sure others are safe. Good that came from storms; neighbors are gathering in each others basements. That's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment