June 24, 2011

The One's We Love the Most

What is it with families today? I hear the words often, family is the most important thing. Without family we have nothing. This is is very true, but people say the words forgetting what loving our family really means. Unconditional love is the kind of love I want to show my family. This quote is common as to how people are class motivated, not family motivated.
"There’s one sad truth in life I’ve found while journeying east and west-the only folks we really wound are those we love the best. We flatter those we scarcely know; we please the fleeting guest, and deal full to many a thoughtless blow to those who love us best.’~~~Wheeler Wilcox
This is surprising true with brothers and sisters. I love my brother more than I can really explain. He has always been my hero. He never gave up on me no matter how many mistakes I made.The love I have for him is unconditional. I am sure that he in his manly way has the same unconditional love for me. Family I am proud of makes me want to be a better person. Like Jack Nicholson in the movie, As Good as it Gets. 


"You make me want to be a better man."~~Melvin Udall.

This to me is the greatest compliment. Having people we love that we don't want to let down. Praise from family is the best way for anyone to rise above many of lives problems. Love of family really can make us better human beings. Life happens and sometimes it is beyond our control. We make mistakes and love of family can help us move on and fix the mistakes. I have over come many of my mistakes by wanting my family to be proud of me. My never giving up, was partly due to the fact I did not want my family to worry. I did not want to be a burden to them. I never wanted to cause my brother extra burdens because he had to help me. All in all I a finally heard the words from him. You have done well. That to me is the greatest gift he could have given me. To see him proud of my children.
My dad and his brother loved each other in a not so normal way, but it really was better than I see many siblings treat their brothers and sisters today. They may have rolled all over the kitchen after supper fist fighting. After a brawl in the yard they dusted themselves off and still did not forget they were brothers. Forget respecting feelings that in many instances is not an option. Respect is not present in brothers and sisters many times. My daddy's sister never stopped loving or helping them no matter how much they drank or fought. She loved them unconditionally. Doing all she could was the one satisfaction she carried to her grave. Families now seem to rather distance themselves from problem siblings. They had rather make an outsider feel good than love their own family member. In an age where divorce is really not if it happens; It is more like when is it going to happen. The siblings will be kinder to the spouse than their actual family member.I do not mean that some families have someone that can not be helped. Criminals even have a mother that will love them. I am talking just life things; If a family member has a fixable problem why not help them. In this day of addictions, not understanding and abandoning seems to happen far to often. It seems that other peoples opinions are more important that the true love of family. The appearance that is made around town has nothing to do with the truth at all. The truth is that, helping the one's we love is much more important than appearances. Love your family on and on; Maybe the love will help them get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment