June 29, 2010

It's a Blonde Thing

One of my goals here is to share things that interest me. Quotes are one of my favorite things. I have business size cards that I hand out with quotes on them. Among my favorite quotes are many by Marilyn Monroe. She is blonde and I love blonde jokes. I was blonde as a child, but the older I got the darker my hair turned. It is blonde now.........?
I have always been teased for not being all that bright; may be the blond thing.

 This morning I discovered that another blog that I follow had a great listing of quotes. obscorner OB had a wonderful selection of happiness quotes. The comment left was even worth publishing.
"We should all print them and paste them to our bathroom mirrors."~~~Shoalanda.
I have thought some of them should be stuck all over the dash of my car.



To my daughter's that think I have lost it when I hand out my cards with quotes, I am doing the told you so dance.  I am not the only one that loves quotes. To the daughter that say's Mom that's fine, "if quotes were not cool, there wouldn't be a quotesdaddy.com. Thanks, Noodle.
     There are two great places to give out my quote cards. People that come to your yardsale love 'em. When they read them they always find a thought for the day. I also like to leave them with a tip to a waitress. Many times a quote is something you have thought many times, but just haven't put it into words. My aunt quoted one quote to me many times before I ever actually read this one. "All we are is a result of what we have thought."~~~Buddha

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:   The blonde stereotype, the stereotypical perception of blond-haired women, has two aspects. On one hand, over the history, blond hair in women has been considered attractive and desirable. On the other hand, a blond woman is often perceived as making little use of intelligence, as a "woman who relied rather on her looks rather than on intelligence". It can be used as a popular culture derogatory stereotype to use hair colour as a indication of intelligence. This stereotype is utilized in blonde jokes.
Blonde hair is also a physical trait often associated with the "bimbos", attractive but
unintelligent or uneducated women.

  Jessica Simpson, the flaky, blond-haired star of MTV's Newlyweds. She's known for her now famous blooper — "Is this chicken? ... or is this fish? I know it's tuna, but it says Chicken by the Sea." Or wondering aloud whether buffalo wings are made from buffalo.

Joke of the Day........... Last year I replaced all the windows in my house with that expensive double-pane energy efficient one (recommended by PowerSmart) and today I got a call from the contractor who installed them. He was complaining that the work had been completed a whole year ago and I still hadn't paid for them.
Hellloooo .....just because I'm blonde doesn't mean that I am automatically stupid. So, I told him just what his fast-talking sales guy had told me last year: that in ONE YEAR these windows would pay for themselves!
Hellloooo ...... It's been a year! I told him.
There was only silence at the other end of the line, so I finally just hung up.

He never called back. I bet he felt like an idiot.

No comments:

Post a Comment